Since ancient ages pearls have been part of jewellery that is highly valuable and cherished. Natural pearls were favourite of Royal and high class people. Since the beginning of the 20th century cultured pearls came into existence and were popular due to its affordability.
One of the favourite pearl jewel kinds among women were pearl necklaces worn with fashionable as well as ethnic garments. The size of the necklaces varies as per the wearer’s choice however the long strand pearl necklace was most popular.
The reasons are:
- It looks traditional. Whether it is wedding eve, festive occasion or special get together in all situations even simply designed long pearl necklace looks classic. It is because every pearl reflects originality, unlike other gem stones. They can be embedded in any kind of jewellery easily as they don’t need to be polished or cut like diamonds.
- It is symbol of love, serenity and purity. They represent strong bond in relationship as pearls are natural present in pure form. They are non reactive while subjected to hardness of environment retain the ethnic quality of its similar to love bond human relationships.
- Helps to maintain good health. Unlike other valuable ornaments pearls help to make your skin glow and safe from allergic reactions. This is because they are environment friendly and natural. Hence you can wear long strands of pure pearls or cultured pearls.
- The pearls don’t lose their original value. Whenever you try to resale the necklaces designed with pearls you get its full value.
- They help in calming your mind and soul. Whether you wear them because it looks stylish or ethnic, the fact is that it keeps your emotion in check. Since ancient times strand of pearls were used to calm the mind of depressed and worried people.
Pearls can be wonderful gift for your loved ones as the saying goes that you can never be wrong with pearls. Unlike other ornaments gifting a pearl indicates the depth of your love. This all time trendy ornament if kept well nourished shines for years and never fades in lustre.